Why Clients are Choosing Cleaning Companies with ISO 9001
Commercial cleaning is becoming increasingly sought after. However, how can cleaning companies ensure a quality service is being provided every single time? Public sector clients, large businesses, and small businesses are tendering for sub-contracted cleaning services. Your standards may be high, but how can you prove it to win the business in the first place?
The Best Way To Showcase Your Quality Service is ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is the best way to prove that your cleaning company delivers a quality service. It is a Management System Standard focussing on quality. If you pass an audit by a UKAS accredited Certification Body, you meet the international standards. The benefits of this include reassuring new and existing clients that you provide a high-quality service.
The Management System structure deploys appropriate management tools, for instance setting measurable targets for objectives, having control procedures in place, and developing processes for continual improvement, usually in customer support and care.
You may be familiar with a PQQ (Pre-Qualification Questionnaire) or Supplier Evaluation which is used in the procurement stage when a company is identifying whether the company meets the requirements of a certain role. Often, questions regarding quality may be asked and ISO 9001 may be a requirement.
A Closer Look at The Benefits of ISO 9001
ISO 9001 is much more than just a certificate on the wall. The standard, when applied properly will more than cover the cost of certification. Not only is it designed to deliver continual improvement, it also enables your company to:
- Win more business
- Stand out from competitors
- Improve efficiency
- Reduce errors and accidents
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Reduce costs
- Provide clearer and more defined objectives
Those are just some of the many benefits of ISO 9001.
The Process of Achieving Certification Explained
The process of achieving ISO Certification is quick and simple.
- Preparation – one of our expert auditors will be in touch to go through the audit plan in preparation for your Stage 1 assessment, answering your questions and ensuring you have all the information you need.
- Stage 1 assessment – this will involve reviewing the practices you already have in place and identifying any areas that require improvement in order to achieve your certificate. Your auditor will issue a report highlighting areas that need improvement prior to the next step.
- Stage 2 assessment – when you are ready, your auditor will visit again to see whether you have met the requirements of the standard. Your auditor will then highlight any further areas for improvement, if necessary.
- Annual assessment – as part of the ISO Certification, you are required to have an annual surveillance visit to ensure you have maintained compliance.
You can find out more about the process here.
Swift Certification Can Help
Overall, commercial cleaning is a competitive industry. ISO 9001 not only helps your cleaning company stand out but also means you can go through the tendering process with ease to win new contracts.
Our friendly and professional auditors have been helping cleaning businesses just like yours to ensure your audit is conducted in a swift manner, ensuring outstanding customer service every step of the way.
If you want to demonstrate you have a competent team and value your clients’ needs, Get in Touch!
Click Here to receive a Free, No Obligation Quote today.